Sunday, September 11, 2005

LIFE IN THE BIG CITY

To give a short introduction of myself - I hail from India and live in a place where (I have been brought to believe ) most Indians dream of living - MUMBAI.Well .... its not proper Mumbai but a suburban area just outside Mumbai. I am a teenager with 2 eyes, 2 ears, 2 hands,2 legs ................... . In other words I am just the typical, most average Rock-lover ( By Rock I mean the MUSIC kind ) teenager that you are sure to find in most homes in India. I have a G n R , Audio Slave,Pantera, Korn and a Linkin Park poster in my room . I enjoy rock climbing , trekking, rapling ,walks in nature parks,listening to good music ( I don't discriminate between pop , classical and rock ) and the occasional good book.

Mumbai is a fantastic place to live in i.e if you know how to survive. In addition to the people who are out to con you ,there are the rampaging cars, the pollution,the stinking roads ( not every where -mind you ), The street dogs who are out to destroy your good nights sleep and the equally annoying "Dog - Lovers" who make sure that the dogs have a fairy - tale life. Well.....if they love the dogs so much why dont they keep them in their homes !? That way everyone will be happy. If you are planning to visit India never do it in the monsoon ... unless of course you know and love swimming coz at that time it not only rains "Cats and Dogs" but also "Elephants and Hippos". I have heard Englishmen say that they know all about rains .They should visit Monsoon India if they want to experience real rainfall.


This monsoon we were faced with a natural calamity with rainfall as high as 944 mm in a single day ( a record ! ). Many parts of Mumbai were flooded with the water level rising upto 7 '. Although the human toll was not as high as KATRINA it was pretty high with a high number of animals dying too ( amazingly not a single dog perished!! ). The heavy rains had left all infrastructure in ruins which is being put in order. May such calamities never ever happen where people who survive are sapped of their will to survive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home