Monday, February 23, 2009

SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE

    Oh my gawd!! The firangis have finally lost their minds. What were they thinking when they gave 8 oscars to Slumdog Millionaire. Sure it was good, but it was definetely not THAT good. The Dark Knight lost out in a lot of places where it definetely was meant to win. The only reason it probably lost out was maybe because it was a superhero movie out of a comic book whereas Slumdog was probably considered more intellectual as it was adapted from a book by Vikram Swaroop. Man ... I am an Indian and I still would not have voted for slumdog over Dark Knight. Not that I am not happy about it winning the 8 oscars. Something that is intrisically Indian winning such International accolades really leaves me exstatic.
     However don't mistake my reaction as the reaction of all Indians. Many are not happy with "slumdog". Why shoulkd anyone be called a dog? Me and my sister had to really persuade our mother ( she was a little revolted by the use of the word "slumdog" ) to go and watch the movie - owing to it being a rather international project with a rather Indian heart - but she was just ready to leave the movie hall after seeing the child is being blinded.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home